As part of the Merri Creek Intercepting Sewer Rehabilitation Project, there will be night works from Sunday 2nd April 2017 for 10 nights to complete sewer relining works
- Lee Street - within parking bays at northern side of street (between Nicholson Street and Station Street)
- Station Street - within parking bays at eastern side of street (between Lee Street and Princes Street)
- Princes Street - within westbound lane on Princes Street, between Nicholson Street and Canning Street
What to expect during the night works
- Work hours - work hours will be from 9pm to 6am, in accordance with VicRoads requirements.
- Works duration - It is expected that night works will commence on Sunday 2nd April and proceed for up to 10 nights. No works are planned for Friday or Saturday nights.
- Work site set-up – Set up a fenced compound with traffic control at each manhole.
- Noise Management - Noise attenuation measures will be in place to minimise noise impacts on local residents.
- Traffic management - Works on Station and Lee Streets will be within existing parking bays which will maintain the usual traffic flow. Princes Street (westbound) will be reduced from three lanes to one lane east of Nicholson Street to enable works to be undertaken safely.
- Car parks – Reduced car parks at Station and Lee Streets prior to works commencing and during works.
Once sewer relining works are complete, manhole rehabilitation will commence on the manholes in Lee and Station Streets. These activities will be undertaken during the day. We will notify you prior to undertaking these works