The Greens have announced our plan for Power Victoria: a public retailer with cheaper electricity for all Victorians.
Privatisation of our electricity system has failed. When Kennett handed over our electricity system to private corporations to make a profit, it made electricity more expensive, less reliable and kept it dirty.
Electricity is an essential service that every Victorian needs to live a good life. We need an electricity system run for people, not profit.
- Electricity privatisation has failed
- Prices have risen by 170% since 1995
- 30% of our bills are profit and marketing
- Private companies are making $400 million a year selling overpriced electricity
The Greens Plan
- Create Power Victoria, a public electricity retailer
- Save households $320 a year
- Provide Victorians with electricity from clean, renewable sources