We’re looking for a couple of enthusiastic volunteers to join our office for four hours per week over the winter university break. Our office is small, collaborative, and strategic.
You’ll help us take our campaigns to the next level and have a real impact on politics and policy in Melbourne and Victoria.
You’ll have the opportunity to build your skills in campaign and policy research, strategic campaigning, and community organising, and get great resume-building experience volunteering for an influential and progressive Member of Parliament.
Some of the things you might do in this role include:
- Responding to constituent enquiries about issues that concern them, including outlining Greens policy and campaigns
- Conducting background research on policy and campaign issues, and campaign messaging
- Looking for potential media opportunities for Ellen
- Working with and providing support to external groups, such as Greens university groups
- Managing and organising communications materials including
- Managing our supporter database, and tracking email and website data to ensure our communications strategies are optimised
- Managing and organising campaign materials for events
We’re looking for volunteers who:
- Are happy to provide admin and customer-service type support
- Want to learn about political campaigning with an eye towards ongoing involvement
- Align with the Greens’ values of social justice and environmental sustainability
- Are enthusiastic, have initiative, and can work with minimal supervision
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have an eye for detail
- Have strong IT skills, including with spreadsheets and Excel
- Are committed to our need for discretion and confidentiality
The program will run on Thursdays, 11am – 3pm, from the 22nd of June for 5 weeks. The first week will be a shorter group induction. Priority will be given to volunteers who can commit to the entire period.
Please note, these are volunteer positions. No paid positions will be offered at the conclusion of the program.
Volunteers will be assigned to work on Ellen’s portfolio responsibilities, primarily climate/environment campaigns, or housing and rental campaigns. Please indicate in your application which campaign you would prefer to volunteer on. While we will try to accommodate your preferences as best as we can, because of the nature of our work we can’t guarantee it.
Applications are open now. They will close at 9am, Monday 5th of June.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Application for Winter Volunteer Campaigns Assistant’.
To apply, simply email us your CV/resume and a short (300 words max) letter in the body of the email that outlines why you’d like to volunteer, which campaign area you would like to work on and why, and your relevant experience.
We are firm believers in equal opportunity. People from diverse backgrounds, people of colour, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ+ and gender-diverse people, and people living with a disability and all strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact David or Callum on 9328 4637 or email email@example.com.