COMMUNITY GROUPS IN MELBOURNE
Community is at the core of what makes Melbourne the world's most liveable city.
These are some of the great groups and services open to our community.
If you think that your problem or issue is a legal one, your best first step is to contact one of the following community legal centres to see whether they can assist you.
- Fitzroy Legal Service
- Inner Melbourne Community Legal
- Flemington & Kensington Community Legal Centre
Our libraries are not just a great place to pick up a new read. You can also book rooms for local community group meetings, visit and hold local exhibitions, and get involved in other community programs. Get in touch with your local library to see what's on.
- City Library
- Kathleen Syme Library (Carlton)
- Library at the Dock (Docklands)
- East Melbourne Library
- North Melbourne Library
Each of the libraries share the same website, which you can find here.
Neighbourhood houses build our community. They bring people together through a number of activities, including educational activities, volunteering, and social events. If you'd like to get more involved in our community, your local neighbourhood house is a great place to start.
- Kensington Neighbourhood House
- North Carlton Railway Neighbourhood House
- Carlton Neighbourhood Learning Centre
- Chinese Social Centre of North Melbourne
- North Melbourne Language and Learning
- The Centre (North and West Melbourne)
Rotary is an international network aimed at bringing practical benefits to local communities. Joining your local rotary club is another fantastic way to get more involved in our community.