CLIMATE ACTION NOW
Coal and gas are the leading causes of the climate crisis. Labor and the Liberals are pouring more fuel on the fire by backing more coal and gas.
Labor is fast-tracking gas drilling next to the 12 Apostles and doesn’t have a plan to get out of coal.
The Greens and I want to replace coal and gas with 100% renewable energy by 2030 and make sure workers are protected.
Our climate wins include:
- Campaigning with the community to get a ban on toxic gas fracking in Victoria.
- Lobbying the Victorian Labor Government to introduce a legally-binding Renewable Energy Target. This target is driving huge new wind and solar projects across the state that simply wouldn’t have happened without the Greens and I pushing Labor in Parliament.
- Changing the law so new Victorian homes are not forced to connect to polluting gas.
- Joining forces with the local community and environment groups to successfully campaign against a giant new gas terminal in Westernport Bay. Our pressure forced Labor to change their position and reject the project!
- Securing $600 million for big batteries and upgrades to our grid to allow more renewable energy in Victoria.
- Stopping the East West Link toll road from ripping up Royal Park and further contributing to climate pollution from thousands of cars.
I'm fighting for:
- A plan to replace Victoria’s three polluting coal power stations with renewable energy while supporting coal workers and their community with new jobs and economic opportunities.
- A mega build of renewable energy so Victoria is powered by 100% renewable electricity by 2030.
- New funding to help households and businesses replace polluting gas heating, hot water and cooking with efficient electric appliances.
- Urgent and permanent protection of Victoria’s lands and oceans from new gas drilling.
- Abolishing Labor’s tax on electric vehicles and more financial support to make electric cars, bikes and other vehicles more affordable
- Reviving manufacturing in Victoria, powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Getting more plastic out of our oceans and rivers by banning more single-use plastics, funding 10 reuse and repair centres, and building or upgrading dozens of recycling factories and composting facilities, so we can recycle more, right here in Victoria.
Read more about the Greens’ plans to tackle the climate crisis here.
CLIMATE ACTION NOW
Join the campaign to get Victoria off coal and gas, power our state with 100% renewable energy, and support coal workers through the transition.